Specialist subjects; GILTI Tax & Transition Tax for U.S. citizens and Green Card holders that own non-US companies.
With more than 30 years of experience in accounting, finance, and taxation, Leo brings exceptional senior leadership to our team. Leo started his professional career with an accounting firm in San Francisco performing auditing, accounting and tax work for many different types of entities and for individuals. When he moved to Melbourne, Australia and started working for Ernst & Young, Leo developed a primary focus of servicing the US individual tax needs of expatriates. This career was enhanced by extended assignments with Ernst & Young to Dallas and Minneapolis and then back to Melbourne, while focusing on US individual expatriate tax compliance and consulting. Leo expanded his career by moving to Doha, Qatar with PricewaterhouseCoopers where he was responsible for the US expatriate tax compliance practice for the Middle East, servicing many of the largest clients in the region.
✔ BS Degree in Accounting
✔ US CPA
✔ Australian Chartered Accountant.
Leo has vast experience in…
- Working with US citizens and Green Card holders that own non-US businesses that need help with Transition Tax and GILTI Tax.
- Working with the IRS resolving tax issues and explaining the US tax law to expatriates in plain English.
- US individual tax returns for outbound, inbound and non-resident individuals.
US reporting for specified foreign financial assets, foreign bank accounts, foreign trusts, passive foreign investment companies and foreign corporations.
- Tax planning and problem solving for individual employees and their employers.
- Planning and compliance for renunciation of US Citizenship and surrender of Green Cards.
- Analysis and advisory services in regard to the use of Double Tax Treaties.
Advice for both employees and employers on the use and tax consequences of deferred compensation arrangements.
Review, amendment and compliance for US tax equalization and tax protection policies and related cost projections.
- Design, review, and analysis of international mobility policies for companies with expatriate employees. Analysis and advice in regard to the tax requirements and consequences for employees and employers with international payroll issues.
Watch Leo in action…
- Australian tax advice and planning for individuals, including tax residency, compliance requirements, taxation of various cross-border income streams.
- Australian foreign income tax offsets, capital gains tax, fringe benefits tax, tax treaty application.
- Australian superannuation planning, self-managed superannuation fund tax issues, employment policies, tax equalization planning and withholding tax.