Skip to content

Jonathan Rose Tax Manager EUST

Jonathan Rose, EA 

Tax Manager

IRS qualified Enrolled Agent (EA)

Federally authorized to practice before the IRS on all US tax matters

Member of the UK Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT)

BA (Hons) Degree in Accounting & Finance

Meet Jonathan…

After graduating in 2010, I worked at two top accounting firms in the United Kingdom, qualifying as a US Enrolled Agent (EA). I am also a member of the UK’s Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT). My specialisms focused on high net worth individuals, guidance with cross-border share remuneration schemes, and pre-arrival planning to the UK and the United States.

In 2022, I moved to Melbourne, Australia, and now I deal with US citizens living in Australia and globally mobile Australians who are either moving to or from the United States. I can also provide pre-arrival advice for those seeking to move between the United Kingdom and the United States.

How can the Foreign Housing Exclusion benefit US expats?

Published on January 03, 2024
by Jonathan Rose, EA

The FHE is a tax provision designed to help US expats. If your tax home is in a foreign country, you can exclude or deduct some of your housing expenses from your gross income. Why is this helpful? It eases the financial burden of maintaining a home abroad.

The FHE works alongside the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE), another tax break that lets you exclude part of your foreign-earned income. How do they work together? You can claim the FHE in addition to the FEIE, which provides you with a broader range of financial relief.

Read more here.