Seth Hertz, EA
✔ Seth is an IRS qualified Enrolled Agent
✔ Seth is a registered tax agent with the Australia Taxation Office.
Seth is now in his 31st year of working on expatriate taxes in a career that started with Ernst & Young in New York before relocating to Sydney in 1999. While in Australia, Seth has specialized in assisting both individuals and their employers with complex US and Australia tax issues as well as ensuring that mobility policies reflected the aims of the employers. Seth has specialized in tax planning for Americans living in Australia as well as Australians planning to live in the US to ensure his clients are aware of potential opportunities and pitfalls relevant to their situations.
I can help you with…
✔ Preparing and filing U.S. tax returns
✔ Managing and planning your Superannuation in relation to US tax
✔ Filing for corporations, Transition tax & GILTI tax
✔ Trusts, Mutual Funds, PFICs, Form 3520, 3520-A and many more
Seth has vast experience in…
Providing technically accurate yet practical advice for expatriate Americans living in Australia and Australia nationals living in the US. Seth particularly enjoys assisting individuals in advance of their relocation in order to get the best overall tax results in conjunction with the individual tax rules for both the US and Australia. Seth has substantial experience working with individuals and multinational organizations on matters such as the following:
• US individual tax returns for expatriates, foreign nationals moving to the US and non-resident individuals.
• Australia individual tax returns for individuals relocating into or out of Australia.
• US and Australia individual tax residency planning US tax reporting for specified foreign financial assets, foreign bank accounts, foreign trust, passive foreign investment companies, offshore funds and foreign corporations.
• Voluntary disclosures for non-compliant individuals and advice regarding the various options available.
• Renunciation of US Citizenship and surrender of Green Cards Tax planning for Americans married to non-Americans.
• Double Tax Treaty application and relief US hypothetical tax, tax equalization, tax protection, and tax reconciliation calculations.
• International mobility policy design for companies with expatriate employees US and Australia payroll issues with the delivery of pay in each country.